We will be providing important commanders information and updates as this situation progresses on the 184th Wing App, the 184th Wing Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/184thWing), and on the Jayhawk Flyer (https://184jayhawks.dodlive.mil).
For the latest information on COVID-19 go to Kansas Department of Health and Environment COVID-19 Resource Center http://www.kdheks.gov/coronavirus/index.htm
Please follow the Kansas Department of Health and Environment Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/KDHEnews/
1. Rule #1 – Take Care of Yourself
a. As a Force, we can’t help those in need if we don’t follow Rule #1
b. Control the controllable. Let’s not get worked up over what is beyond our control
c. If you are not well; don’t put your teammates at risk of contagion-stay at home
d. Use sound hygiene and social distancing
Prevention is vital with any virus, such as influenza or coronavirus, so it is important to protect yourself and take measures against spreading it to others by following these guidelines:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces.
- Cover mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
- Do not come to work if you have cold or flu-like symptoms (elevated temperature, fever, cough, shortness of breath).
- Remain calm and get your information from a reliable source.
2. Reporting Requirements
a. If you have been “possibly exposed” — personnel that have travelled to, or are returning from an area where they may have been exposed to a confirmed case of COVID-19, or been in contact with individuals who may have been exposed to a confirmed case of a COVID-19 should contact their chain of command prior to reporting for a training assembly to assess their drilling options.
b. If an ANG member, dependent, civilian employee, or contractor has been tested and is either Under Investigation, Confirmed Positive, or hospitalized for COVID-19, you must notify your supervisor and commander
3. Stop Movement Order – issued by DepSECDEF effective 16MAR2020 to
a. Applies to all DoD military (in a military status) and civilian personnel and their families assigned to DoD installations, facilities, and surrounding areas in the United States and its territories
b. Prohibited to travel outside of local area (even on leave)
c. Wing Commander established 150-mile radius from Wichita as our local area (applies to personnel in bullet 2. a.)
4. Drill Status Guardsmen residing outside of the local area (150-mile radius) are NOT to attend Regularly Scheduled Drill (RSD) periods until further notice.
5. Teleworking – some Airmen may be able to telework. Squadron Commanders and supervisors will implement as needed
6. Stay alert, pro-active and inquisitive – I urge each of you to take the time to educate yourself on the coronavirus. The more you know about COVID-19 the better prepared you will be to identify the symptoms if this should affect you or a family member.
a. With today’s access to information, you may have information before it is sent out from the Wing. Monitor public advisories from official health officials regarding preventative measures.
7. Avoid all non-essential travel; even within the local area
8. Get your flu shot if you have not (readiness requirement)
SECDEF Travel Restriction dated 11Mar2020 https://www.defense.gov/Newsroom/Releases/Release/Article/2112213/statement-by-the-department-of-defense-on-domestic-travel-restrictions/
DepSECDEF Stop Movement Order dated 13Mar2020 https://media.defense.gov/2020/Mar/13/2002264686/-1/-1/1/STOP-MOVEMENT-FOR-ALL-DOMESTIC-TRAVEL-FOR-DOD-COMPONENTS-IN-RESPONSE-TO-CORONAVIRUS-2019.PDF